Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Supply Fan

Thanks, JV.  I appreciate your help and will give it a try.

Judy

--- On Thu, 7/10/08, JV Dirkes II <jvd2pe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: JV Dirkes II <jvd2pe@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Supply Fan
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 2:04 PM

Dear Judith,

This is probably not a new thought, but you could also add a DOAS.
The outdoor air, whether conditioned or not, will have an influence on
energy consumption way beyond the fan's energy!

I have not implemented a DOAS in E+, but I'll bet someone has. I
looked at the example files to see if there was an applicable file.
While there is none for DOAS, you might be able to cobble something
together with a dual duct system...... .

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@ yahoogroups. com, Judith Peters
<jdth_peters@ ...> wrote:

> Thanks! I'll give it a try.

could model the exhaust fan to represent both the supply fan and the
exhaust fan by increasing the delta pressure.

EnergyPlus_Support@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Judith Peters
> Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:56 AM
> To: energyplus_support@ yahoogroups. com
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_ Support] Supply Fan
>

> Hello,
>
> I would like to add an outdoor air CAV supply and exhaust fan to a
performing arts theater. I successfully added the exhaust fan using
EXHAUST FAN object and including it in the ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST,
but I'm not sure how to add the supply fan.

http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/