Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Details on desiccant dehumidifiers

Which object are you specifically trying to use?

If you want to use the  DESICCANT DEHUMIDIFIER:SOLID object, then it has default curves within the model itself that you can use (i.e., inputs not from the data sets, but instead set field A12 "Performance Model" = DEFAULT). You could also obtain manufacturer's data and develop your own curve fits ("Performance Model" = User Curves).   See the Input Output Reference for more details.

If you want to use the DESICCANT DEHUMIDIFIER object, then some data set inputs for the required HEAT EXCHANGER:DESICCANT:BALANCEDFLOW:PERFORMANCE DATA TYPE 1 object are contained in the file "PerfCurves.idf" in the DataSets folder.  You could also obtain manufacturer's data and develop your own inputs for the HEAT EXCHANGER:DESICCANT:BALANCEDFLOW:PERFORMANCE DATA TYPE 1 object.

Abdul Murad Zainal Abidin wrote:
Hello,

I am doing a research on HVAC system using desiccant dehumidifiers. I could not find the details from the E+ data sets. Do I have to get some manufacturer's data and put iit in my object files? or does anybody have the details?

Thank you.

Murad