[EnergyPlus_Support] Wall areas, volume, energy balance

Hi,

I’m currently working on learning energyplus. I seem to be accruing a good amount of questions, which I can’t find answers to in the documentation, or this list so far, so I’d really appreciate it if some of you can help me out.

Is there a report variable for the surface areas and the zone volume? These things seem like they would be helpful.

I’m trying to better understand the energy balance on the inside and outside of the heat transfer surfaces, but I can’t find the report variables that add up to zero for energy conservation. Conduction into the inner surface of the wall should balance with radiative and convective at the surface. There seems to be something about shortwave and longwave radiation and I can’t find a variable for the longwave radiation. I also couldn’t figure out the balance at the outside of the wall.

I personally think that the inside surface conduction variable is a very telling variable about how much heat is going into the wall. Is there a way to get conduction into the outside of the surface, thus showing energy storage in the wall?

I hope someone can help and appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Lee