RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ventilated facade

Perhaps you are not seeing changes in interior temperatures because they are being controlled by a system (e.g. purchased air).

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Catarina Carvalhal
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:03 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ventilated facade

Hi,

I am having some problems in simulation ventilated facades. I am exporting a idf file from desingbuilder, them in energyplus I change the other condition model and exterior natural vented cavity.

The results are very strange, because i don't see any changes in the interior temperature when compared with the building without the ventilated facade.

To simulate that type of façade I only have to change the object, other condition model and exterior natural vented cavity, or I have to change other object too?

And another answer is I define the location of the building in IDF Editor, and then I input the weather file in EP-lunch, is there any problem in doing that?

 Thanks,

Catarina Carvalhal