Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:14 PM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] sketchup plugin object info error

Hello,

The error you are describing is usually an indication that you are using the plugin in a way that was not intended.

Here is the recommended workflow:

1.  Start with a blank SketchUp file (SKP).

2.  Draw your zones and surfaces with the plugin.

3.  Save the EnergyPlus input file (IDF) using the Plugins/Energy Design Plugin commands ("Save" or "Save As").

4.  Don't bother saving the SKP.  When you're done, just exit SketchUp.

5.  When you are ready to resume work, start with a blank SKP.

6.  Open your saved IDF using the Plugins/Energy Design Plugin command "Open".

7.  Resume your editing of zones and surfaces.

8.  Go to step 3.

My guess is that you were saving the SKP and trying to open that later.  The SKP has some residual traces of the IDF which gives the RangeError you are seeing.  We're working on fixing this.

Let me know if this does not solve your problem.

Thanks,