To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: leeed2001@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:35:45 -0600
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] E+ System Requirements

I don't know that there is a hard set of requirements or recommendations, but here is my experience:

For running single simulations at a time, my 3 yr old laptop w/ 1.66GHz single core processor and 1GB RAM runs just fine.
My work laptop where I constantly run dual simulations concurrently has a dual core processor and 3GB RAM and does quite nice for me.

I think it is fair to say that E+ won't be affected by the graphics engine, as it is solely a command line engine.  However, if you are going to run a GUI such as DesignBuilder than you may want to look at the specific GUI recommendations.

Edwin