[EnergyPlus_Support] separated heating and ventilation system

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a building with a ventilation system and a heating system. Normally EnergyPlus works with HVAC systems, which combines ventilation and heating, but I would like to separate them. The heating system will be floor radiation heating. The ventilation system is a mechanical system with heat recovery (the supply air is outside air that is warmed up by the return air by an heat exchanger). I have used AirloopHVAC for the input the ventilation system. The ventilation system is switched on all the time and has a constant flow rate.

My question is if EnergyPlus is able to work with a ventilation system that is separated from the heating system and how EnergyPlus will work. For example: the heating system is responsible for the heating of the building but also the ventilation system will influence the temperature in the building, because of the supply air (the outside air that is warmed up by the return air because of the heat recovery system) that has a different temperature than the building temperature. What will EnergyPlus do:

·         Will it simulate the building with the ventilation system only first (without heating system)  so that it can determine how much heat the heating system has to deliver to keep the building temperature between 18 and 25 degrees,

·         or will it determine how much heat the heating system has to deliver to keep the building temperature between 18 and 25 degrees without taking in account the heat that is lost or won by the ventilation system,

·         or will it take in account the ventilation system and heating system together at the same time to determine how much heat the heating system has to deliver to keep the building temperature between 18 and 25 degrees ?

I truly appreciate any help you can offer,

Nina.