[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: solar collector to sky radiator

Dr. Li,

Thanks you for helpful advice on the simulation of sky radiator!
As i am trying to investigate the feasibilty of using sky radiator,
therefore, the idea of flat plated being buried underground doesn't
work for me. But anyway, thanks for your reply, it has inspriated me.

Best Regards
Ian

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuen Liu <yli006@...>
wrote:

> In a situalation you described, I usually change the equipment
availability schedule and leave all the equipment as is.

> For example, if you set the 'heater on' temperature below the night
temperature, it will not come on.   I assume that the water usage can
also be shut off during the day.
> Do the changes one at a time and study the result.
>
> You also need to make sure that the DesignDay temperature will give
you the cold period between  9 am and 6 am.

> I have not looked at the actual example file, you may have problem
turning off the circulation between the plate and the tank during the
day.  However, this problem will still be there, even if you remove
the heater completely.

> Your condition seems to be  that when the outdoor temperature is
higher then the 16°C the circulation is cut off.  The original
condition is for the sun to heat the panel to above a certian
temperature  and then circulate. This is the part I think is causing
the problem.

> If you are thinking of using this system to collect free  cold
water,  it may work using the ground temperature which does not
change very much, and can be left connected the whole day, with the
flat panel buried below ground.

> Regards,
> Dr. Li
>

> To: EnergyPlus_Support@...: ian8512@...: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:55:34
+0000Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] solar collector to sky radiator

> I am going to stimulate a sky radiator using an existing example in
energy plus - solar collector.In the solar collector, there are 4
components, they are the flat plate, storage tank, heater and water
use connections objects.I am trying to change it to 2 components,
falte plate and a storage tank. And the operation time will be at
night(21:00 to 6:00)and the set point temperature of the storage tank
will be around 20 deg. celeus to 16 deg. celeus.However, everytime,
there are so many errors after I attempted to change those parameter
and setting.Could somebody lend a helping hand??