To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: brent_griffith@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:52:46 -0700
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: solar collector to sky radiator

I don?t believe the basic SRCC solar collector model can do any cooling.

The simple PVT model can currently do night sky radiation cooling for air-based system.  But unfortunately I ran out of time prior to Version 3.0 and didn?t finish the capability for a cooling mode for water-based panels.  That is planned for the next release.

I understand it is possible, but cumbersome, to model night sky cooling of water pipes using the low-temperature radiant model with internal-source construction.

Brent