RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Sea Water Air Conditioning System

Hi Santiago,

I've done this before in the following way:  In the condenser loop where you would usually put your cooling tower (under the CondenserEquipmentList object), substitute in a DistrictCooling object (formerly known as PURCHASED:CHILLED WATER in earlier versions of E+).  Then put a SetpointManager:Scheduled object on the condenser loop.  Point it to control the outlet node of the supply-side condenser loop.  Finally setup the schedule on the SetpointManager to match the temperature of the sea water—I had monthly average values.

To bypass the chiller completely for waterside economizing, you'll need to use a HeatExchanger:Hydronic object (formerly HEAT EXCHANGER:HYDRONIC:FREE COOLING ) or one of the other HeatExchanger:XYZ objects to connect the plant loop to the condenser loop.

Check out the example files included with E+ for illustrations of how to setup a condenser loop, setpoint manager, and heat exchangers.

If the sea water temperatures ever go below 5 C you'll also need to hack the Energy+.idd file to change the CondenserLoop definition so that Minimum Loop Temperature is allowed to go colder.

Good luck,