From: Edwin Lee <leeed2001@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 5:14:17 PM
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat Pump Modelling

Saqib:

The parameter estimation procedure involves a simulation of the heat pump.  A spreadsheet (Excel) tool was available from the Oklahoma State University website, but has been removed (I believe it was left behind during a website update).  A new tool is currently under development which is not spreadsheet based, but a standalone program.  I will look into getting a copy of the spreadsheet tool put back online until this new tool is available.  For reference, will you be using Water to Air or Water to Water heat pumps?

Jay:

There are a few example files which use these parameter estimation heat pump models.

Water to Air:
5ZoneWaterLoopHeatP ump.idf
5ZoneWLHPPlantLoopT ower.idf
HeatPumpWaterToAir. idf
HeatPumpWaterToAirW ithAntifreezeAnd LatentModel. idf
HeatPumpWaterToAirW ithAntifreezeAnd LatentModel. idf

Water to Water:
GSHP-GLHE.idf
PlateHeatExchanger. idf

Edwin