RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Need Help

I do not understand your question.  So I have make some possible assumptions.

If you have a Ver.2.2 IDF file and accidentally changed the line on vertion in the file to 2.0, you can simply open the file with a text editor and change it back again.  If your file is older than  ver.2.1, you need to do a few steps to complete the convertion.

Some ver.1.4 idf files may work with ver.2.0 EPlus release, and just get a warning of version mismatch.   Ver.2.1 need to be converted to ver.2.2, although some correction is possible using the .audit file and the text editor.

If you have accidentally converted a ver.2.2 file to 2.0 using a convertion program, this does not seem to be possible.   You will still have the original file in ..fn.idfold.

The convertion file has names such as:
       .......  (earlier version in   transition.zip )
       Transition-V2-1-0-to-V2-2-0.exe,
       Transition-V2-2-0-to-V3-0-0.exe.

You need to convert them one version step at a time.

With convertion from Ver.2.2 to ver.3.0, the   ..fn.idf  is the new version.    ...fn.idfold is the original file.  , if you you choose the 'full' option.   The file  ..fn.idfnew  may not be generated, if you use the Windows short-cut.

If you choose the 'diff' option,  the  ..fn.idf  remain the original 2.2 version.  Another file ..fn.idfdif is generated.

This is what I found when I use the convertion program on my PC.  It may not be the official way of using it.

Dr. Li.