From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mjav6012 [mjav6012@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:53 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heat Pump Modelling

Edwin:

Thanks for the references. I had read those article and Jin's thesis
also detailing the models. However all these publications dont
provide any background to the parameter estimation method. There are
no details that how the input data is used to estimate parameters
which are then used in the models. There should be some equations,
some method which is used.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

saqib

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@yahoogroups.com, "Edwin Lee"
<leeed2001@...> wrote:

> Saqib:
> There are two papers I found right off that detail the WWHP model.
The
> water to air would be quite similar, and I don't think there is any
paper
> for it.
>
> *Parameter estimation based model of water-to-water heat pumps with
scroll
> compressors and water/glycol solutions*
> Jin,
Hui<http://www.engineeringvillage2.org.argo.library.okstate.edu/contro
ller/servlet/Controller?CID=quickSearchCitationFormat&searchWord1=
{Jin%2C+Hui}&section1=AU&database=1&yearselect=yearrange&sort=yr>
> (Oklahoma
> State University); Spitler,

J.<http://www.engineeringvillage2.org.argo.library.okstate.edu/control
ler/servlet/Controller?CID=quickSearchCitationFormat&searchWord1=
{Spitler%2C+J.}&section1=AU&database=1&yearselect=yearrange&sort=yr>
> *Source:* *Building Services Engineering Research and Technology*,
v 24, n
> 3, 2003, p 203-219
>
> *A parameter estimation based model of water-to-water heat pumps
for use in
> energy calculation programs*
> Jin,
Hui<http://www.engineeringvillage2.org.argo.library.okstate.edu/contro
ller/servlet/Controller?CID=quickSearchCitationFormat&searchWord1=
{Jin%2C+Hui}&section1=AU&database=1&yearselect=yearrange&sort=yr>
> ; Spitler, Jeffrey

D.<http://www.engineeringvillage2.org.argo.library.okstate.edu/control
ler/servlet/Controller?CID=quickSearchCitationFormat&searchWord1=
{Spitler%2C+Jeffrey+D.}
&section1=AU&database=1&yearselect=yearrange&sort=yr>
> *Source:* *ASHRAE Transactions*, v 108 PART 1, 2002, p 3-17
>
> Thanks,
> Edwin
>
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:54 AM, mjav6012 <mjav6012@...> wrote:
>
> > Thanks guys for helping with the excel sheet for estimating
> > parameters.
> >
> > Any clues on the methodology of estimating these parameters from
the
> > catalog data? May be researchers from OSU can answer this.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Saqib
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@yahoogroups.com<EnergyPlus_Support%
40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Linda Lawrie <linda@>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > The spreadsheets are available in the Yahoo Groups files.
> > >
> > > The input files are included with the EnergyPlus installation.

> > ><mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@yahoogroups.com<EnergyPlus_Support%
40yahoogroups.com>
> > >EnergyPlus_Support@yahoogr
> >
> > oups.com