From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pallavi Mantha
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:12 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Window heat gain- shading coefficient calculation

Thanks Ned,
but I'm not sure if Window takes into account shading from the shading fin.
Thanks,
Pallavi

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Edward G. Lyon <<mailto:eglyon@xxxxxxx>eglyon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You can calculate glazing properties using the WINDOW and OPTIC programs from LBL.� OPTIC allows you to make a glass for WINDOW using different base glasses and applied films as long as they are in the current library.� WINDOW will then calculate a number of glazing system performance parameters based on the glass you import from OPTIC

Ned Lyon, P.E. (MA)
Staff Consultant

SIMPSON GUMPERTZ & HEGER
781.907.9000�main