RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] For help:room air models

These warnings are not a big deal.  They are only saying the ceiling isn’t flat.  The routines that create non-dimensional vertical positions for each surface are using the average ceiling height.  The warning just says a surface is beyond the average ceiling and that will always occur for a tilted ceiling.  It’s a warning because the actual geometry is more complex than what is assumed by method that makes surface heights non-dimensional. Assuming you have checked the geometry is what you want, then they can be ignored.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of maize_lee
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 1:19 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] For help:room air models

Hello,

I simulated an roof-glazed atrium with nondimentional pattern of
the roomair model, but some warning are appeared and the results
seemed there was no cooling load in the atrium.

there are many warnings like this:

Warning ** Problem in non-dimensional height calculation, too high
surface:REVERSE_EL11_CORRIDOR1-ATRIUM WALL in zone: 1F_ATRIUM
** ~~~ ** **** Average Ceiling height of zone is: 42.000
** ~~~ ** **** Surface Maximum height is: 44.000
** Warning ** Problem in non-dimensional height calculation, too
high surface:REVERSE_EL11_CORRIDOR2-ATRIUM WALL in zone: 1F_ATRIUM
** ~~~ ** **** Average Ceiling height of zone is: 42.000
** ~~~ ** **** Surface Maximum height is: 44.000
** Warning ** Problem in non-dimensional height calculation, too
high surface:REVERSE_EL11 EAST WALL (G.C6.I20) in zone: 1F_ATRIUM
** ~~~ ** **** Average Ceiling height of zone is: 42.000
** ~~~ ** **** Surface Maximum height is: 44.000

So can anyone tell me what the warnings mean? And when using
nondimentional roomair models, how does the model calculate the
cooling load of the Atrium?

Thank you!