[EnergyPlus_Support] FenestrationSurface:Detailed

Hi,

Working up a model with lots of windows.  Not all of which are
rectangular (e.g both diagonals do not necessarily match), they do all
have for verticies (already hit that snag!).

Presently I get a severe error when I run eplus with windows with
unequal diagonals.

I can work around the issue by dividing such a window up into a number
of smaller windows which are rectangles and triangles, but just doing
this doesnt help my understand why ...

Reading pp 158 and 159 of the i/o ref (11/Nov/2008) also doesnt help
me understand why - any pointers to a good source on this issue?

And as a seconday issue, we can physically construct windows as
hexagons and other crazy polygon shapes, why does eplus stop at 4
verticies for windows?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark Carey