[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: On Vertex coordinates

Hi Dr. Li:

I just followed the instruction in manual step by step and got the
error. The problem is solved now by following the
GlobalGeometryRules. The problem is from adding west window to the
zone, but vertices coordinates are not right. Thanks for your reply!

S.W. Peng

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, YuanLu ¸µÏ» Li
<yli006@...> wrote:

> Hi, S.W.
>
> Further to my last e-mail.
>
> I am  curious to know on what you change or add  to the IDF file to
generate the errors you mentined.  Generating error is the best way
to learn computer programming.  Without making any error, you will
never see the error messages.The exercise1B-solution.idf has no error.

> It uses the following rules for vertices:-
>
>   GlobalGeometryRules,    UpperLeftCorner,         !- Starting
Vertex Position    Counterclockwise,        !- Vertex Entry
Direction    WorldCoordinateSystem;   !- Coordinate System
> This is different from the one I showed you as an example in my
mail.  If you are using the example file, do not change to the rules
I sent you.

> The reason why I use my rule is that the points move along a
horizontal edge and the heights are the same for the first two
groups.  Then you copy and paste the second row and change the
height, then copy and paste the first row and change height.  No big
deal when you are using the IDFeditor to enter the values.

> Dr. Li.
>
> To: EnergyPlus_Support@...: sw.peng@...: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:35:14
+0000Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] On Vertex coordinates

> Hi, Here is another problem on runing Exercise 1B of EnergyPlus
3.0:I added two windows as example suggested: East Window and West
Window, but I got some fatal error and the program terminated,The
error is 1) GetSurfaces: Some Outward Facing angles of subsurfaces
differsignificantly from base surface;2) GetSurfaceData: Zero or
negative surface area, Surface=WESTWINDOW;3) CalcSurfaceCentroid:
zero area surface, for surface=WEST WINDOW;I guess the problem is
from window vertex input. The manual mentions the vertes should
follow the rules specified in "SurfaceGeometry object"but I can't
find this object. Can someone explain what's the rules for window
vertex and tell me where is the object?ThanksS.W. Peng