[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Variables to measure the Zone lux level

Hello Andre,

So, I have a building I'm working on that uses solatube's for extra
lighting during the daytime.  So as the solatubes collect more
lighting from the sun, the lighting power from the existing lighting
in the building will ramp down (put out less wattage).
So here's a sample of my data.  Column 1 is output variable "Daylight
Illum at Ref Point" and Column 2 is "Ltg Power Multiplier from
Daylighting".  So its a decimal form of the percentage of lighting
the building requires to satisfy your setpoints.  So as the lux
increases, lighting power from building is reduced.
37 lux = 5% reduction
385 lux = 53% reduction

Column 1 [lux]         Column 2 [unitless]
37.11481104	       0.955515326
188.5679641	       0.757688626
385.411255	       0.469558702
299.9273695	       0.60845007
186.3168134	       0.764873899
264.0468125	       0.657083824
323.9869944	       0.652336076
196.7505115	       0.766595286
111.9851288	       0.853581824
9.795133401	       0.987605888

So I hope that answers your question on the "Ltg Power Multiplier
from Daylighting" output variable.  And I didn't have any luck
finding an output variable that could tell you the lux (both
generated by lighting and daylighting) in an area for all time.

Good luck
Morgan

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, André Lopes
<andr_lopes2000@...> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Can you you tell what are the correct variables to measure a
zone lux level (during day and night).

> What is meaning of this variable: Ltg Power Multiplier from
Daylighting