Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: indoor swimming pool

Alice,

There's no place to enter a latent load directly. It is always specified as a fraction
of the total energy consumption. If you want an independent latent load you should
use OtherEquipment; then you can make the latent fraction equal to 1.0 and there
will be no  electrical or other energy consumption associated with the load. Also, remeber
you can have more than one load of a given type (electrical, gas, other) associated with
a zone. This gives you a lot of flexibility in modeling multiple internal loads.

Fred Buhl

alice.bellazzi wrote:
> Hi,

in E+ I can't find where I can insert the latent gain..Do you insert
it just like an internal gain?Is it a right approach? With DB, if
you use "detailed gains", you can insert a latent gain. The problem
is that it is no possible to assign a load: you can write a
percentage of latent, a percentage of radiant. Because it join the
latent load to an equipment. I don't know if someone can understand
my bad english..
Thank you very much,

Alice

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>, "xyliu925" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:bill.liu@...";>&lt;bill.liu@...&gt;</a>
wrote:

>> Hi

Could I get the paper, please?

My email address is

bill.liu@...

Thanks

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>, "solarmech"
&lt;solarmech@&gt; wrote:

>>> Hello. I aggre with the "impossible" part.

We had to simulate an indoor swimming pool once. We used the
following approach:
The natatorium space was one zone. solar gains and internal
temperature of that zone was used in an excel programm where

<!---->water

<!---->pool

<!---->(8760hours)

<!---->floor

>>> and latent heat gain as an internal gain (8760hour). and then
calculate zone temperature again. in a three time loop.

think about it and try it.

The following paper might help.
THE HEAT BALANCE OF URBAN
SWIMMING POOLS
G, SZEICZ and R. C. MCMONAGLE
Scarborough College, University of Toronto, 1265 Military Trail,

West

>>> Hill, Ontario, Canada MIC 1A4
If you cant find it email me personally and I sent it to you.

Regards

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>, "Edward G. Lyon"

<!---->swimming

<!---->equipment

<!---->controlled

>>> task would require becoming an EnergyPlus developer and writing

your

>>> own modules for the load and equipment.

Staff Consultant
SIMPSON GUMPERTZ &amp; HEGER