[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: indoor swimming pool

Hi,

in E+ I can't find where I can insert the latent gain..Do you insert
it just like an internal gain?Is it a right approach? With DB, if
you use "detailed gains", you can insert a latent gain. The problem
is that it is no possible to assign a load: you can write a
percentage of latent, a percentage of radiant. Because it join the
latent load to an equipment. I don't know if someone can understand
my bad english..
Thank you very much,

Alice

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "xyliu925" <bill.liu@...>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Could I get the paper, please?
>
> My email address is
>
> bill.liu@...
>
> Thanks
>

> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "solarmech"
> <solarmech@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello. I aggre with the "impossible" part.
> >
> > We had to simulate an indoor swimming pool once. We used the
> > following approach:
> > The natatorium space was one zone. solar gains and internal
> > temperature of that zone was used in an excel programm where
water
> > temperature of the pool and the latent heat gain given by the
pool
> > was calculated. Next step was to use these temperatures
(8760hours)
> > as an "othersidecoefficient" surface for the natatorium zone
floor
> > and latent heat gain as an internal gain (8760hour). and then
> > calculate zone temperature again. in a three time loop.
> >
> > think about it and try it.
> >
> > The following paper might help.
> > THE HEAT BALANCE OF URBAN
> > SWIMMING POOLS
> > G, SZEICZ and R. C. MCMONAGLE
> > Scarborough College, University of Toronto, 1265 Military Trail,
> West
> > Hill, Ontario, Canada MIC 1A4
> > If you cant find it email me personally and I sent it to you.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward G. Lyon"
> > <eglyon@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe that it is nearly impossible to fully model a
swimming
> > pool in any of the energy modeling programs.  There are no means
> > model water evaporation interaction with the mechanical
equipment
> and
> > the current mechanical equipment can't be combined and
controlled
> > simulate some of the more specialized pool mechanical systems.
The
> > task would require becoming an EnergyPlus developer and writing
> your
> > own modules for the load and equipment.
> > >
> > > Ned Lyon, P.E. (MA)
> > > Staff Consultant