[EnergyPlus_Support] Meteonorm accuracy

Meteonorm is largely used in this community (among others). Its spatial
interpolation capabilities are extremely useful, but are its results
accurate? Since I've heard that many people are skeptical, suspicious,
or even complaining about its results, I think it would be high time to
gather serious comments and verifiable assessments regarding this issue.

The current IEA Task 36 effort is in part concerned with the
intercomparison of various sources of solar radiation data, Meteonorm
included. The differences between the various datasets vary over space
and time, as could be expected, but are sometimes larger than we would
have hoped.

I'd like to hear of first-hand experiences (good or bad) with Meteonorm
to see if more independent performance assessment is necessary. Links to
any unpublished material would be great too.

Chris

--
Chris A. Gueymard, PhD
Solar Consulting Services