Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: DayLighting Sky clearness

The sky luminance model uses more variables than just the sky clearness
(i.e., sun zenith angle, sky brightness, diffuse irradiance). To
complicate the picture, these variables are all partially correlated.
Also, depending on what part of the sky your window would be facing, an
increase in luminance might correctly result from a decrease in sky
clearness. For instance a whitish sky (due to light cloudiness or haze;
thus average sky clearness) will have a much higher luminance than a
dark blue patch of sky (resulting from high sky clearness) .

Chris

--
Chris A. Gueymard, PhD
Solar Consulting Services