[EnergyPlus_Support] Fan and Pump Efficiency

Dear Mr / Ms Herrmann,

Fans can have separately assigned efficiencies for the fan and motor, as shown in the sample object below.

  FAN:SIMPLE:VARIABLEVOLUME,
Fan Name RFan_AH1,
Available Schedule SchCpct_FanOpern,
Fan Total Efficiency 0.6,
Delta Pressure 1,
Max Flow Rate Autosize,
Min Flow Rate 0,
Motor Efficiency .91,
Motor In Airstream Fraction 1,
FanCoefficient 1 .0013,
FanCoefficient 2 .147,
FanCoefficient 3 .9506,
FanCoefficient 4 -.0998,
FanCoefficient 5 0,
Fan_Inlet_Node NodeOut_EA_AH1,
Fan_Outlet_Node NodeIn_OA_AH1;
End-Use Subcategory

Pumps, however, combine the efficiencies of motor and pump into a single value which is somewhat poorly identified as "Motor Efficiency".  Since the combined value is static, this is not a big concern.  It does, however, force a separate calculation to combine the motor and pump efficincies into a single value for pumps.

  PUMP:VARIABLE SPEED,
Pump Name HtgWtr Pump_1,
Inlet_Node Node_HtgWtr SupplyInlet_In,
Outlet_Node Node_HtgWtr Pump1_Out,
Rated Volumetric Flow Rate 0.0076,
Rated Pump Head 179165,
Rated Power Consumption 2350,
Motor Efficiency 0.895,
Fraction of Motor Inefficiencies to Fluid Stream 0,
Coefficient1 of the Part Load Performance Curve 0.203671,
Coefficient2 of the Part Load Performance Curve -0.827077,
Coefficient3 of the Part Load Performance Curve 1.181191,
Coefficient4 of the Part Load Performance Curve 0.442055,
Min Flow Rate while operating in variable flow capacity 0.0023,
Pump Control Type CONTINUOUS,
Pump Flow Rate Schedule Name SchCpct_AlwaysOn;