[EnergyPlus_Support] looking for a feature that existed in v2.2

I'm experimenting with a detailed energy model with multiple floors and zones matching those in the HVAC design.  I have been using OpenStudio to generate my zone geometry and heat transfer surfaces.  Since OpenStudio does not identify which zones an internal heat transfer surface lies between, I need to go through each surface and assign this information -- actually twice because EnergyPlus requires the surface to be defined twice (once for each zone, with the materials of construction in reverse order).  In EnergyPlus 2.2, there was a way to save myself half of this work by deleting the surface from one zone and setting the OutsideFaceEnvironment of the other surface to be UnenteredOtherZoneSurface.

I can't find the equivalent feature in EnergyPlus 3.1, or in the OpenStudio user interface.  Was this feature depricated?  Is there perhaps an easier way to avoid the huge amount of configuration required to get these pairs of surfaces to communicate heat?

Thanks!