Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Hygro-regulated opening

Dear lixing,

thank you.

Let's try to explain a little more the real system I want to model:

A low pressure exhaust fan extracts air from several rooms through ducts (and room air outlet fix grilles).
Each room have a hygro-regulated grille that constitute an outdoor air inlet, which opening area is proportional to the indoor relative humidity.
The higher is the indoor relative humidity, the more the inlet grilles open, so that for a given airflow volume (driven by the fan), the outdoor-indoor pressure difference (taken in a given room for example) is lower .
Then, if a regulation system senses this outdoor-indoor pressure difference and orders the fan to increase its speed (or volume, or power) untill this pressure difference matches an ordered pressure difference, the outdoor air entering the room is increased. Therefore, too, if a stack effect creates a sufficient pressure difference, the fan cuts off.

To answer to your questions:
1- Such a ventilation system is produced by a french firm (www.aereco.fr, some large scale experiments were done quite recently)..
2- Grille's opening area is linear with RH (but we can imagine to use several on/off grilles to approach the response).
3- In fact the goal is just to modulate fan's volume according to a pressure difference (and again we could use several constant volume exhaust fans, each one working in a given range of values (of RH ideally) thanks to the Control Mode). Sorry, my third question was not clear at all. So the right question is quite similar that for the grilles: is there a mean to apply a "pressure difference control mode" for the exhaust fan?

I think you already answered to my questions, but if ever you have an idea to by-pass the problem...

Many thanks.

Loïc