Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Balconies

There is basically no difference.

You can also use the new rectangular shading surface definitions (e.g., Overhang).

However, note that these will not add to the mass of the building, only produce shading effects.  (which is likely okay for wood balconies, for huge concrete balconies, you may wish to configure them somewhat differently).

EnergyPlus Development Team