Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] AbsorbitionChiller

Prior to V3.0, the absorption chiller does not use an actual loop, the
model assumes steam and the amount of steam used is available through
report variables Chiller Steam Consumption Rate and Chiller Steam
Consumption. For V3.0 and later, a hot water or steam loop MAY be used
to regenerate the absorption cycle but the use of an actual loop is
optional. Note that the example file (V3.0 and later shown here) leaves
the generator node names blank which means a steam loop is assumed. If
you are using a version prior to V3.0, you must upgrade to the latest
version in order to connect a steam or hot water loop to the absorption
chiller. See the Input Output and Engineering Reference for more details.

  Chiller:Absorption,
<snip>
    ,                        !- Generator Inlet Node Name
    ,                        !- Generator Outlet Node Name
    VARIABLEFLOW;            !- Chiller Flow Mode

In order to better serve you, a helpdesk system has been set up for
managing EnergyPlus user support requests. The helpdesk system includes
a download area, a knowledge base and troubleshooting area.

To submit new support requests (tickets) or search the knowledge base,
please go to http://energyplus.helpserve.com
<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>

You may also submit new tickets and reply to tickets via e-mail at
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx <mailto:EnergyPlus-Support%40gard.com> This
address has been linked to the helpdesk since early May 2008.

EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com> will now be primarily a
user-to-user forum, with occasional input from the EnergyPlus
development team.

Your message may also be forwarded to the helpdesk system, in which case
you will receive a separate login for that system.

** If you have an unresolved issue which was posted to the yahoo group,
please resubmit your request to EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus-Support%40gard.com> Please include any replies to
date and attach input files as needed.

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years