[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: file viewers

It sounds like you haven't used EP-Launch to "find" the programs it needs.

If you go to View Options, select the Reset option.  Then the top button is a "Auto Find all file viewers".

that will associate (at minimum) notepad with the text viewer option.  If you have your own text viewer (such as Wordpad -- as notepad may be limited in how much it can view), you can just select the text editor option and browse to the one of your choice.

I believe this is probably described in the EP-Launch section of the Auxiliary programs document but I will copy the explanation to the Getting Started document as well for future releases.

Please try to remember to change the subject line of a reply if you're introducing a new topic.

EnergyPlus Development Team