RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] sizing:zone

Hi, Asrlan

If you do not have any equipment, what are you going to enter in the zone sizing object?  ZoneHVAC:IdealLoadsAirSystem does not have any duct or fan.

ZoneHVAC:IdealLoadsAirSystem,
Zone2Air, !- Purchased Air Name
NODE_2, !- Zone Supply Air Node Name
50, !- Heating Supply Air Temp {C}
13, !- Cooling Supply Air Temp {C}
0.009, !- Heating Supply Air Humidity Ratio {kg-H2O/kg-air}
0.009, !- Cooling Supply Air Humidity Ratio {kg-H2O/kg-air}
LIMIT, !- heating limit
autosize, !- Maximum heating air flow rate
LIMIT, !- cooling limit
autosize, !- Maximum cooling air flow rate
OutdoorAir, !- outdoor air
autosize, !- Outdoor air flow rate
HeatingAvailSched, !- heating availability schedule
CoolingAvailSched; !- cooling availability schedule

Most of the information required in a zone sizing object are already included in this object as in the example above. (from the I/O ref manual)   You can also change the heating and cooling limit to NoLimit.   (default)
The idealLoad object with the DesignDay Sizing, you need not do the zone sizing.  If you do add a zone sizing object, not all the values may  be relevant.

The Purchase air equivalent (ZoneHVAC:IdealLoadsAirSystem) feeds the zone directly and cannot have Dx coils, etc.

If you are still using the same schedules in the IDF which you have sent me, the IdealLoadAirsystem will not simulate correctly, although there may be  zero error..  Always 20, Always 21 can be used.  The control type need to be changed.   The activity schedules, etc. are optional.  However, these will change the zone heating and cooling load.  If the multipliers in the schedules are applied incorrectly, the result will aso be unusual.
To answer your questions:

You can choose the zone sizing control in the run control, and provide a zone sizing object, one per zone.  If you do not run either the weather file and/or the designDay sizing, there will probably be no simulation results.

The zone demand will be the same, if you run the ZoneHVAC:IdealLoadsAirSystem, or  the furnace system.  However, the unused equipment objects must not be in the  IDF at the same time.  You need to set up two IDF's.

Use the SizingPeriod:DesignDay instead of the extreme condition days in the weather file.  This will allowing to verify the outdoor temperature range in the output, with the value entered.  Zone sizing objects are not required.

 Dr. Li