[EnergyPlus_Support] miwindow.exe: create windows in EnergyPlus with desired U and SHGC

Hello EnergyPlus users;

I've created a very simple application that generates WindowMaterial:Glazing and Construction objects with U, SHGC, and, if desired, visual transmittance values as specified by the user. I stumbled upon the algorithm used to accomplish this in the EnergyPlus engineering manual, where it is described as being part of an upcoming object. Because I've always wished EnergyPlus could do this, I decided to create an application to act as a surrogate until this feature was officially added. Anyone interested can download the application here:

http://208.118.95.14/wiki#501

(Apologies for the bizarre URL, we're right in the middle of a website transition)

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Josh

--
Josh Kjenner, EIT, LEED AP
Manasc Isaac Architects Ltd.