Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Simulation using outdoor air and fully exhaust fan

The heat cool furnace uses a separate heating and reheat coil only to
keep the heating and reheat load separate for reporting purposes. A real
system would have only 1 heating coil. The heating coil reports
specifics due to a heating load, and the reheat coil reports specifics
due to dehumidification. The heat cool furnace is used an conjunction
with an outdoor air mixer and an associated outdoor air controller to
specify the outside air requirements. You would probably use the
constant volume fan and would not need the exhaust fan since the outdoor
air mixer/controller takes care of the exhaust air. The zone ventilation
object is used for wind driven ventilation and is not needed for your
application. You can, however, add it if you need it (there is usually
some form of non-mechanical ventilation or infiltration in every building)..

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years