RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] fan:zone:exhaust // infiltration

Each zone exhaust fan runs at constant volume, with the only control being on or off.  As long as the infiltration is also constant and has the same rate, then there will be equilibrium.  You can have multiple zone exhaust fans to obtain a series of different stages and match the infiltration flow using a schedule.

You may find that ZoneVentilation is easier, it can model fan power and variable flow all in one object.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of le_carambar
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 7:31 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] fan:zone:exhaust // infiltration

Hi,

I work on a building with a simple air extraction system. Air is replaced thanks to infiltration.

I think I should use Fan:Zone:Exhaust and ZoneInfiltration:DesignFlowRate objects.

My probleme is that I can't choice the flow rate in the exhaust fan, only the pressure rise and the maximum flow rate.

So, I'm not sure that the airflows are equilibrated.

Can you help me ?

Thanks,

Camille T.