RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Cross Mixing Ventilation

ZoneMixing objects offer more flexibility than ZoneCrossMixing.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of marziasedino
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 1:09 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Cross Mixing Ventilation

Dear all,

I am modeling natural ventilation within an atrium (three storeys high) by defining three thermal zones one on top of the other and connecting them with the Cross Mixing module.
I defined the Cross Mixing for each zone (I tried to define it both once and twice, as my delta T is 0) but I get the following error message:

"GetSimpleAirModelInputs: Overlapping Cross Mixings found
Cross Mixing with receiving zone 15191, source zone 11832
overlaps with Cross Mixing with receiving zone 15191, source zone 16416"

It seems that E+ doesn't like the fact that a zone is named twice in the Cross Mixing Module. But this is the only way I can define the fact that each zone is connected, i.e.
zone 1 mixes with zone 2 and vice versa
zone 2 mixes with zone 3 and vice versa

Is it a limit of the Cross Mixing feature or am I messing wth something?

thanks a lot

Marzia