RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] cooling thermostat

One common reason this occurs is that air terminals with reheat coils don’t reheat up to the cooling setpoint, they reheat to the heating setpoint.  This is to avoid excessive reheat energy use when cooling loads are low.

I would suggest using deadband temperature controls instead of single cooling.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of giovanni.matarrese
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:25 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] cooling thermostat

hi,
I have a problem with thermostat temperature for cooling set point: I set the thermostat with "ThermostatSetpoint:singleCooling" for the summer period scheduling the temperature setpoint at 26 degrees during the day and 30 during the night. Cooling plant is ok, but the problem is that simulated temperatures in my zones are always lower than 26 degrees in the day(about 24 or 25) and so cooling power necessary for Energy Plus is higher than the one I expect. How can I set the thermostat to have just 26 degrees in my zones and not lower?
thank you for your help.