RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Error message: in.idf missing

Hi, Steven

If you are not a PC DOS expert, do not try to run the EPlus simulation directly.  I have done it with Version 1.3, three year ago, on WindowsME.  It is not impossible.  Windows VISTA has more problems.

If you are, study the three batch files in the main folder and modify one to suit your environment by matching all the path needed by  software.  More than one directory path is passed and set up in the batch file.

To run the simulation from DOS window, you need to set up all the required  DOS path.  If do not have the administrator privilege,  VISTA may not allow you to do so.

If you simply copy your IDF file to the main folder and run from there, even if it works, you will  end up with so many user created files in the main directory.  I think, it is not advisable to use the main directory as the working directory for your simulation.

If you have any special reason to run the simulation directly from DOS window, please let me know, and I may be able to help.

Learn to use the IDFeditor well and understand all the options available will save you a lot of time later on.

 Dr. Li