RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] AirflowNetwork Volume Flow Rate

Som:

Asked same question of E+ help desk several months back.  Here’s the response I got…

The mass flow rates (kg/s) are used in internal calculations in the AirflowNetwork model. The volume flow rates are used for report only and mainly designated for multizone airflows and not for airflows in an air distribution system. They are calculated by dividing the mass flow rates by the outdoor air density for multizone airflow rates and zeros for distribution links. I will make changes for the next release. Thanks for bringing this issue.  Lixing

Dave

--

David R. Roberts, P.E.

Senior Engineer

Residential Buildings Group

Electricity, Resources & Building Systems Integration Center

National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)

303.384.7496