RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Transition program

Hi, Linda

HuJia wrote below:  Another question, when running "Transition 2.1-3.1".

The second part of his question.    I am not sure whether the number 2.1 is correct.   I can create the same result when running the .exe file directly.  But it is for one step only, and not from 2.1-3.1.

The condition exist for conversion from version 3.0 to ver.3.1 using the Transition-V3-0-0-to-V3-1-0.exe file in the EPlus main root directory, because a batch file is not provided.

When you click on the .exe file you get all those questions and then ask for the file name.  If you  enter the two arguments correctly from the DOS window, the .exe file works without asking those questions.

This problem can be eliminated by providing a runTransition.bat  for one step only with the main down load.  The batch file should check the version number entered before calling the transition.exe.  If the version number is not correct, Prompt/direct the user to read the manual and down load the full transition program.

 Dr. Li

> To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: hujia06@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:06:13 -0400
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Transition program
>
> Hi, I run the RunFullTransition.bat, but end with "press any key to
> continue". Could anyone tell me how to exect the transitions? I plan
> to transit version 2.2 to 3.1
>
> Another question, when running "Transition 2.1-3.1". I am confused
> with this sentence "Enter “yes” for preserving blanks in default
> fields, “no” to fill those
> fields with defaults."
>
> Thank you all.

> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> <*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> <*> To change settings online go to:
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> <*> To change settings via email:
> mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Faster Hotmail access now on the new MSN homepage.