From: mingming_zuo <mingming_zuo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 4:52:54 PM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: simulation with heat pump and ground heat exchanger

Natassa,

Ground heat exchanger is defined as a condenser type equipment in the supply side of the condenser loop while fan coil unit is located in the zone equipment definition. So their "typing" in a model may start with HVAC template,which is a useful tool and facilitate your model construction. Fan coil unit is already in this template and you can define an ordinary cooling tower and water-cooled chiller in the template and replace them with GHX and heat pumps in the expanded files.
This method is rather straightforard and if you are familiar with E+,you can complete your model within half an hour.
I hope these are helpful!

Zuo Mingming