[EnergyPlus_Support] Refrigeration cases

Dear E+ Users,

I am simulating a supermarket where I would like to evaluate the impact od using dehumidifcation equipments in the air conditoning system. One the issues I would like to address is ,for a drier air supply in the refrigeration cases area , to evaluate the reduction of the energy consumption of the defrost process. I look at the refrigeration case model in the Engineering Reference but I couldn´t figure out if the model take into account the the humidity level in order to calculate frost mass and the energy consumption for the defrosting process.

Is there anyone that could help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alberto Hernandez Neto