[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: theory behind SizingPeriod:DesignDay vs. SizingPeriod:WeatherFileDays

Drury, Linda, Thank you again!

So, from what you both are saying, the weather files just go back a few years (20 or so) and are termed 'typical'.

For the most accurate sizing of equipment, one would rather have 'atypical' (more extreme) conditions so that these extremes can be accomodated by the system. (Use the DesignDay objects.)

Drury, thank you for offering to send me the references and papers that show how typical vs. actual weather files influence weather. I trust that you know what you're talking about. I'll take your word for it. Plus, I'm so busy. But THANK YOU!

It also sounds like SizingPeriod:WeatherFileDays and SizingPeriod:WeatherFileConditionType only need to be used if I want to use the weather files for sizing (which I don't now that I've read what you wrote).

Again, thank you so much! Have a wonderful Friday and a nice weekend!

Sincerely,
Patricia