To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: hujia06@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:27:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] glare index difference (upload the input files)

Is it possible that the different arrangement of blinds affects the result.

I define the slate separation is 18.75 mm.   Is it possible that the slat separation distance between the two binds of  two connected windows (the difference between the last blinds slat of the upper window and the first blinds slat of the meddle window) affects the result?

Can I define the such a distance in EnnergyPlus. I see "opening multiplier" in Window:Blinds. But I am not sure whether it is related to this.

Thank you.

Jia

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM, YuanLu Li <<mailto:yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx>yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Jia
>
> I was just applying the general rule of optics.
>
> If you divide a piece of glass in three pieces, light on one pane may not pass freely across the cut surface due to internal reflection at the surface.
>
> Similary, the light on the window will now have three little horizontal strips blocking the light from entering straight, and will be reflected at the joint.
>
> You will not see the dividing line in sketchUp, as it does not show the thickness of the window.
>
> There is no rule that I can remember specifically on the dividing line characteristics.  You entered the  dividing line  yourself.
>
> I seems to remember that there is warning in EPlus that to use multiplier for window carefully.  When you define one window, and multiplying it  by N, the result may not be the same as one large window of N times the area.
>
>  Dr. Li
>

> To: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: <mailto:hujia06@xxxxxxxxx>hujia06@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:16:33 -0400