[EnergyPlus_Support] IMPORTANT - Windows 7 users

A problem in the Intel compiler may cause some Windows 7 users to experience "hang" with several of our programs.  Surprisingly, this does not appear to be the case with EnergyPlus.

The programs (so far) that seem to be having problems have been placed into the download area of the helpdesk.  http://energyplus.helpserve.com

(You may need to create a login to download)

If you go to the "Uploads since last release area" and then "Windows 7 users", there are three files available for download:

ReadVarsESO.exe (goes into the PostProcess folder)
HVAC-Diagram.exe (goes into the PostProcess folder)
ExpandObjects.exe (goes into the main EnergyPlus folder)

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.  The Intel fix was released shortly before or shortly after release and we missed the nuance (and our testing was fine) for certain Windows 7 systems.

Please report any other problems (or if these don't fix the problem) that you find with Windows 7 operations.

EnergyPlus Development Team.