Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] lighting and daylighting control

Hi Marzia,

Have you tried to look at a typical cold day - internal gains due to lights for both cases?

Ciao,

Emanuele

2009/11/19 marziasedino <marziasedino@xxxxxxxx>

Dear forum,

I am comparing two different models of a typical office building:
the first one with no control on daylight, and the second with reduced light power density and applied daylight control. If I compare the simualtion results I see that from case 1 to case 2 the cooling annual consumptions decrease, as expected, as there are less heat gain from artifical lights. Nevertheless my heating consumptions decrease too! Shouldn't they increase, or at least remain constant? my building doesn't need much heating, mainly only during the morning warmup.

I tried to apply one change at a time, first the reduced LPD and then the daylight control, but I have the same problem. Do you have an answer for this?

thanks!

marzia

--
Emanuele Naboni

per l'Italia: 346.4133337
from US: +39.346.4133337
skype: emanuelenaboni
www.emanuele-naboni.com
sustainable design consultant - consulente per la sostenibilita' di tecnologie, edifici e citta'
MArch, PhD Building Science, LEED AP, EU licensed architect