RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: \[EnergyPlus_Support\] Outlet and Inlet differ by more than tolerance\?

Hi,  YunPeng

May I ask you  on how often was the message during the simulation.

If it is only once or twice during initialization, or schedule value change and without stopping the simulation, may be the warning can be ignored.

In most digital systems, the calculation is done in steps.  When there is a step demand change, the last feedback value and the present new predicted value do not match within the tolerance, and hence created a warning.  If you do have a .csv result, you can look at the result and may see a small overshot at the time the warning is issued.

Making the simulation time interval smaller, (larger timestep value, maximum 60) or changing the tolerance may stop the warning.  However, if the simulation was successful and the warnings are only a few (not more than 3 or 4 a day.), it can be ignored.  Once a day will give you 365 warnings.

If you post the IDF file, we can study the problem in more detail.

 Dr. Li, Yuan-Lu