[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: PV for a house

Hi,

I believe the minimum requirements are the five objects listed in the example below.  In addition, you'll need a surface to mount the PV, a zone to specify where inverter losses occur (optional; blank=outdoors), and an availability schedule (which I have listed as always on).

Liam

----------------

Generator:Photovoltaic,
    PV generator,            !- Name
    ROOF_S   ,               !- Surface Name
    PhotovoltaicPerformance:Simple,  !- Photovoltaic Performance Object Type
    PV Simple,               !- Module Performance Name
    IntegratedSurfaceOutsideFace,  !- Heat Transfer Integration Mode
    1,                       !- Number of Modules in Parallel {dimensionless}
    1;                       !- Number of Modules in Series {dimensionless}

PhotovoltaicPerformance:Simple,
    PV Simple,               !- Name
    0.80,                     !- Fraction of Surface Area with Active Solar Cells {dimensionless}
    Fixed,                   !- Conversion Efficiency Input Mode
    0.10;                     !- Value for Cell Efficiency if Fixed

ElectricLoadCenter:Generators,
    PV Array,                !- Name
    PV generator,            !- Generator 1 Name
    Generator:Photovoltaic,  !- Generator 1 Object Type
    100000,                  !- Generator 1 Rated Electric Power Output
    ALWAYS ON,               !- Generator 1 Availability Schedule Name
    ;                        !- Generator 1 Rated Thermal to Electrical Power Ratio

ElectricLoadCenter:Inverter:Simple,
    Inverter Simple,         !- Name
    ALWAYS ON,               !- Availability Schedule Name
    BASE,                    !- Zone Name
    0.5,                     !- Radiative Fraction
    0.90;                     !- Inverter Efficiency

ElectricLoadCenter:Distribution,
    Distribution,            !- Name
    PV Array,                !- Generator List Name
    Baseload,                !- Generator Operation Scheme Type
    ,                        !- Demand Limit Scheme Purchased Electric Demand Limit {W}
    ,                        !- Track Schedule Name Scheme Schedule Name
    ,                        !- Track Meter Scheme Meter Name
    DirectCurrentWithInverter,  !- Electrical Buss Type
    Inverter Simple;         !- Inverter Object Name