Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: PV for a house

it helped me too..thanx

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Liam <liambrn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I believe the minimum requirements are the five objects listed in the example below. In addition, you'll need a surface to mount the PV, a zone to specify where inverter losses occur (optional; blank=outdoors), and an availability schedule (which I have listed as always on).

Liam

----------------

Generator:Photovoltaic,
PV generator, !- Name
ROOF_S , !- Surface Name
PhotovoltaicPerformance:Simple, !- Photovoltaic Performance Object Type
PV Simple, !- Module Performance Name
IntegratedSurfaceOutsideFace, !- Heat Transfer Integration Mode
1, !- Number of Modules in Parallel {dimensionless}
1; !- Number of Modules in Series {dimensionless}

PhotovoltaicPerformance:Simple,
PV Simple, !- Name
0.80, !- Fraction of Surface Area with Active Solar Cells {dimensionless}
Fixed, !- Conversion Efficiency Input Mode
0.10; !- Value for Cell Efficiency if Fixed

ElectricLoadCenter:Generators,
PV Array, !- Name
PV generator, !- Generator 1 Name
Generator:Photovoltaic, !- Generator 1 Object Type
100000, !- Generator 1 Rated Electric Power Output
ALWAYS ON, !- Generator 1 Availability Schedule Name
; !- Generator 1 Rated Thermal to Electrical Power Ratio

ElectricLoadCenter:Inverter:Simple,
Inverter Simple, !- Name
ALWAYS ON, !- Availability Schedule Name
BASE, !- Zone Name
0.5, !- Radiative Fraction
0.90; !- Inverter Efficiency

ElectricLoadCenter:Distribution,
Distribution, !- Name
PV Array, !- Generator List Name
Baseload, !- Generator Operation Scheme Type
, !- Demand Limit Scheme Purchased Electric Demand Limit {W}
, !- Track Schedule Name Scheme Schedule Name
, !- Track Meter Scheme Meter Name
DirectCurrentWithInverter, !- Electrical Buss Type
Inverter Simple; !- Inverter Object Name