RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] HAMT material properties sources?

The HAMT model code is making use of EnergyPlus’s flag that indicates when it is raining.  My understanding from the HAMT developer is that the model formulation is virtually the same as original, 1-d WUFI.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edward G. Lyon
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:38 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] HAMT material properties sources?

As a WUFI user, I have yet to experiment with the EnergyPlus simulations that include moisture. I have been told that the implementation of HAMT in EnergyPlus is not as true to WUFI as one may like. For one thing, there is no rain in EnergyPlus and that greatly impacts some wall calculations. If properly implemented, I suspect that calculation times would dramatically increase dramatically. On the other hand, a partial implementation may give one some moisture buffering. If work slows down, we may have time to review this further....

Ned Lyon, P.E. (MA)
Staff Consultant

Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
781.907.9000 main