RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] length of line limit in IDF file

It's documented in a number of places in the documentation.  I will make sure it gets into the IDD.

At 04:29 PM 1/29/2010, Griffith, Brent wrote:

The single-line limit is 500 characters.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of erydjunaedy
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 4:28 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] length of line limit in IDF file

I just realize that there is a limit of the length of line in IDF file. I created some script to manipulate some objects, and at some point the script created and IDF with a single line per object. The lines can be very long especially in the walls with a lot of vertices.

I was pulling off my hair when the simulation running this file always stop. I try to fix the script, but it is actually not the script, its EPlus that cannot accept a single line longer than ... I do not know exactly.

What I know is that when I break down the lines again, it works fine.

Is this limit per line documented somewhere? Is this linux limitation? OS dependent?

Thanks,

Ery