[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Fanger PMV Thermal Comfort - changing clothing levels depending upon PMV
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Fanger PMV Thermal Comfort - changing clothing levels depending upon PMV
- From: "Liam O'Brien" <liambrn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 00:41:38 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 17:41:47 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1265589706; bh=3uY2G0BCvgfTMIbLCFffCNlmLwBQhXY45RAKnh0xUpY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=iAP5dWy9Zyb+0IeAy18uToqOAkWUqEKE4RLKqRqZSFObzpBZ/5CFnqaH0vOb5SMigEGCIj1Sn8qDFR3CaQhgrPcM24GtGcSXggEqTM+PgHrUZ8ymGUxIFOZ2Ee22IIRX
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=pGlh8r6s3a/1cgocoA11b8AER0SM2g/XzCa64sbo+zn7KrlakrNneGOX/exMuIpeB8xJi5M86a7pFBSny42s6/KnGdFO5/PDQrMyjRhQsZdaWVq8Z8GBYnCcBjs6qgz6;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <hkniei+sibh@eGroups.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
You could try scripting your idf file such that you run the simulation once with constant values of clo and then create a clothing schedule based on the results of that first simulation and re-run the simulation accordingly. Not elegant, but not too difficult to implement. I've successfully used this approach for various similar things in EnergyPlus.
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rowan.blakers" <rblakers@...> wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. Basically, I need to run a simulation, generating hourly PMV comfort data using the Fanger model. The clothing level needs to vary accoring to PMV. More explicitly, if the PMV is going to be greater than 0.5, use a CLO value of 0.6. If the PMV is going to be less than -0.5, use a CLO value of 0.95. This is to simulate the effect of occupants altering clothing levels to compensate for varying temperatures.
> I understand that the clothing levels can be varied by schedule, but that does not give the type of feedback I need. There is also the report for "Time not Comfortable" using both summer or winter clothing, but this does not give me the hourly PMV data I need.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: