Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat Pump Water Heater

I have modeled one similar file a couple of week ago but for heating purpose. If you need it to see like one example, I can send to you.

--- On Fri, 2/12/10, jkneifel_florida <jkneifel_florida@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: jkneifel_florida <jkneifel_florida@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat Pump Water Heater
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, February 12, 2010, 12:07 PM

I am adding a heat pump to a domestic hot water system (including a solar thermal system). I have been using the documentation as well as the heat pump water heater example file to create the DHW system.

I have the following error:

** Warning ** Node used as an inlet more than once: HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK INLET NODE
** ~~~ ** Used by : BRANCH, name=HOT WATER HEATER EQUIPMENT BRANCH
** ~~~ ** as inlet for: WATERHEATER: MIXED, name=HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK
** ~~~ ** and by : WATERHEATER: HEATPUMP, name=HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER
** ~~~ ** as inlet for: WATERHEATER: MIXED, name=HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK
** Warning ** Node used as an outlet more than once: HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK OUTLET NODE
** ~~~ ** Used by : BRANCH, name=HOT WATER HEATER EQUIPMENT BRANCH
** ~~~ ** as outlet for: WATERHEATER: MIXED, name=HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK
** ~~~ ** and by : WATERHEATER: HEATPUMP, name=HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER
** ~~~ ** as outlet for: WATERHEATER: MIXED, name=HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK
************ * Testing Individual Branch Integrity
************ * All Branches passed integrity testing
************ * Testing Individual Supply Air Path Integrity
************ * All Supply Air Paths passed integrity testing
************ * Testing Individual Return Air Path Integrity
************ * All Return Air Paths passed integrity testing
** Warning ** Node Connection Error for object WATERHEATER: HEATPUMP, name=HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER
** ~~~ ** Water Nodes not on any Branch or Parent Object
** ~~~ ** Inlet Node : HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK INLET NODE
** ~~~ ** Outlet Node: HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK OUTLET NODE

The errors states that I use the "HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER TANK INLET NODE" as an inlet twice. However, when I search the text file, this inlet is used only in the appropriate locations: (1) the node is the inlet for the water heater branch, (2) the node is the "use side inlet node" for the water heater, and (3) the "tank use side inlet node" for the heat pump. The documentation on heat pump water heaters states that (2) and (3) must be the same. Note: The node is also used in the DHW Loop Setpoint Node List, but I cannot see this causing a problem in this situation.

Any ideas? Thanks.